Integrated farming systems approach
- Interventions to enhance productivity and resilience while reducing off-site impact using innovative farming systems approaches, i.e. Integrated crop-grazing-land conservation approaches, with emphasis on
- Optimizing water productivity and reducing water quality off-site.
- Optimizing soil preparation method to reduce accumulation of salts in the root zone and optimize storage of salts on-farm in a sustainable manner
- Optimizing cropping-grazing-self-sufficiency garden systems to increase biodiversity for increased resilience to variations in water supply and climate
- Optimizing livestock management and grazing rotations to develop best management practices under saline conditions
- Optimizing agronomic practices to determine best management options for long-term sustainable salinity storage within the farming system (e.g. mulching, fertilizer applications)
(aquaculture using brackish water)