Salinity wiki is the place to collect and describe the soil and water conditions around the world.
Worldwide, regional and country based salinity assessments
The worldwide, regional and country based salinity assessments intend to give an overview of the impact of salinity on agricultural production. The assessment includes a review of water resources, water quality issues, soil salinity using changes over time, and the impact on agriculture. Socio-economic aspects are described wherever possible.
Regional and irrigation system level
- Integrated Farm Drainage Management (IFDM)
- Serial biological concentration (SBC)
- Measuring salinity in water
- Measuring salinity in soil
- Saturated paste extract
- Dilution of 1:1
- Dilution of 1:5
- Salinity at soil water content
- Measuring spatial salinity distribution
- Wenner Array
Impact of salinity
Although this wiki is not aiming to be a dictionary on salinity related terminology, we do need to define terminology since there can be large misunderstandings.
Since we should not re-invent the wheel, a set of links for encyclopedic information that does not need to be repeated here.
- "Reinventing the wheel" may be an ironic cliche - it is not clear when the wheel itself was actually invented. The modern "invention" of the wheel might actually be a "re-invention" of an age-old invention. Additionally, many different wheels featuring enhancements on existing wheels (such as the many types of available tires) are regularly developed and marketed. The metaphor emphasizes understanding existing solutions, but not necessarily settling for them. (Source)